October 1st is Jeans for Genes Day! Wear your jeans to work for a great cause!
Make your Jeans for Genes Day a huge success. Our 'ten reasons’ will get everyone behind you.
1. It's fun and simple to organise. All you have to do is ask people to come to work in their jeans and make a donation of £2.
2. It’s a great way to bring a team, a floor or the whole company together.
3. It can help to raise the profile of your organisation – highlight your fundraising in your annual report, on your website and in your local paper or trade magazine.
4. Staff will think it’s great – the boss will look good for letting you all wear your jeans.
5. Although, individually, genetic disorders are rare, together they are the biggest killer of children 14 and under.
"We act for a number of children and so we see first hand how genetic problems can affect them and their families. Whilst this is just a small way we can help, we are committed to providing continual support for such a good cause"Deena Watkins, partner at Wilson Browne Solicitors
6. Create a bit of role reversal and give the boss a 'day off' – sponsor him or her to make the tea or do the photocopying.
7. £250 pays for a child and their family to be seen at home by a clinical nurse specialist, an expert in their child's condition, who can help with every aspect of their care.
8. Wearing jeans and having some fun in the office starts the weekend that bit earlier.
9. Raising money on Jeans for Genes Day helps your company to meet its corporate social responsibility targets.
10. The fun and fundraising don't have to stop at 5.30pm. Make a night of it and hold a pub quiz or karaoke night at the local pub.
Page rendered at Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:51:24 AM (GMT Daylight Time, UTC+01:00)